App KillersTips

Last Updated:

1. Kcy99

Kcy99 Member This Topic's Starter

i havent downloaded taskiller yet cause i just got the phone couple days ago, but i've been reading up on the reviews and it seems like people are having problems with it after the new update. is there an app killer that works with the new update? i loved using it when i had the samsung moment, seemed to help my battery life and helped my phone run smoother since i rarely reboot it.

Advertisement
  2. Brian360

Brian360 Well-Known Member

ardchoille and Mabster like this.
  3. metalmenance

metalmenance Well-Known Member

I do like advanced task killer pro
    open it from time to time and kill off apps that have been opened
    seen no bad side to doing so, in fact only thing ive noticed is slight better battery life and run smooth between reboots from doing so. The way i see it, to each his own on this matter. Try one out if you want and if you see bad effects then dont use it...bottom line

4. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Check the first post in the tips forum. You will find the massive post about this issue. Oh yes and its in my sig as well. While its your phone and you can do what you want with it......I highly recommend you don't do it.

5. gordon1hd1

gordon1hd1 Well-Known Member

If you going to use a App Killer, I strongly suggest Automatic Task Killer. Set the Task killer to kill the browser and Map, after a delay (1-5 minute).

The reason for this: Evo browser does not exist the page when you leave the browser, it just run your browser in the back ground. If the web page have things that automatically update every so often (ads, news feeds, etc) the browser will stay active in the back ground using up your battery for the CPU and 3G, and sometime even GPS. So I found that having ATK automatically kill your browser after you lock your screen is helpful.

I found the same to be true of Navigation also, if you forget to exist Navigation and left it running in your phone's back ground, it will kill your battery in no time.

So while I agree with most people that Froyo does a good job managing memory usage in general. There are legitimate reasons to use Automatic Task Killer in your Evo.