App manager fails

Last Updated:

1. SteveH0773

SteveH0773 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, this is my first post but have been reading the forum since I got my desire 3 weeks ago.... love it so far, but I have just come across a problem!
    When I go into settings followed by "manage applications" I get an error that a process has failed, and then I can only quit using the force close button.
    I have tried restarting the phone and no new apps have been put on recently.
    Does anyone know what I can do to be able use the app manager again?
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. BazBar

BazBar Member

This is also my first post, (Hi all). I also have a simular problem, when i try to update the weather, i get this : THE APPLICATION HTC SENSE (PROCESS COM.HTC.LAUNCHER)HAS STOPPED UNEXPECTEDLY. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

Do you get this steve ?

Thanks, Baz

3. SteveH0773

I don't get errors with weather updates Baz, only when trying to Manage Apps through the Settings menu... Since I don't use this function often, I don't know how long the issue has been there, but it worked at least a week ago...

Steve

4. BazBar

BazBar Member

Steve do you get the same message ?

Baz

5. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

6. SteveH0773

Hi Baz, the message I get is similar, but not connected to Weather... My error message is PROCESS COM.HTC.LAUNCHER HAS STOPPED UNEXPECTEDLY. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

Steve

7. SteveH0773

Thanks Snowmobile, I'll have a look at this and give it a go when I finish work.... I'll post back my results for anyone else having problems! :)

8. SteveH0773

Just been trough Snowmobile's suggested fix, and it worked for me.... In the end I downloaded "Uninstaller" from the market, and removed the "Airplane Mode" plugin for Locale.... Now Manage Apps works again! :)

Thanks again Snowmobile!

9. BazBar

BazBar Member

I have been in touch with the HTC support team and just got another email from them saying
    "Thank you for contacting HTC. If you have tried to hard reset your device and are still experiencing problems I would advise to send your device in for repair. If you would like to book your device in for repair you can do this by calling into our support line on 0845-890-0079 and my colleagues will assist you with booking your device for repair.
    When i get five spare mins i will have a look at installing the "uninstaller2 and try that, but my phone is ony 2 weeks old and i only have the google earth app & the bar code reader app from the market place ?

At least you are sorted steve.

Baz

10. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

The "uninstaller" solution is not going to help you as you have a different problem to the one this thread is about.

Personally I wouldn't risk sending my phone away for such a minor issue. Doesn't the weather update itself periodically anyway?

11. BazBar

BazBar Member

i have set it to update every 3 hrs, but it dont seem to do it, when i update it manually, thats when i get the error ?
    I know its a silly little prob but it just pees me off.
    Baz

12. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Do you have a task killer by chance?

13. BazBar

BazBar Member

I dont have any task killers ?