1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

App Market 3.0.27 Force Close

1. dammitbryan

dammitbryan Member

Yesterday morning, my market app worked just fine. Late in the afternoon it somehow upgraded to the new market. Since then it's been force closing, saying "Sorry! The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." It's been unusable. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. dammitbryan

dammitbryan Member

3.0.26*
  3. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Try a reboot? Mine updated and I haven't had a problem. I looked to see if you could clear the cache on the app, and at least with mine it isn't possible. Other than that, I'm not really sure what would be a fix....
  4. Or try going into settings, applications, manage apps, market; once there, clear the cache, maybe even the data, then reboot. Those are the steps I took last week and it helped. Also worked on my mom's Samsung Epic. :)
  5. dammitbryan

dammitbryan Member

I've cleared the cache and data many times, rebooting too. None of it works!
  6. 330D

Is there an option to uninstall update? There isn't with mine, but again, I can't clear cache or data with mine so apparently my phone is weird. Have you tried to log out of the google acct, and log back in?
  7. dammitbryan

dammitbryan Member

Nevemind, the problem fixed itself. All I had to do was turn on wifi and open Market. After that, the app stopped FCing, with or without wifi. Pretty odd, but whatever it works now lol Thanks for the suggestions you guys!
  8. 330D

Thanks for posting the "fix" I'm sure it will help someone else...
  9. iamcoover

iamcoover Member

How do you even get the new market update? Mines not letting me.
  10. 330D

My phone prompted me that there was an update. I went to the market, and it updated like a regular app. I am not sure if there is a way (unless you are rooted) to update the market manually.