1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

App Market reviews name

1. gpshslax

gpshslax Well-Known Member

Where in the world is the name used for the app reviews stored? I figure it could be in the phone or on google. I just can't figure it out. I just posted my first app review to the market and the name it posted under is my name from german class in high school. I haven't used that handle for anything in years! Where on earth did it dig that up? I figure this must be a buried google setting somewhere but I'm at a loss as to where to look.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I thought.it was the display name of your Google email address on web mail. As in what other people see when you send an email
  3. gpshslax

Nope, that uses my real name. I would have assumed the same thing, but apparently not.
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Odd. Cause my email display name is my full name and its the only place I use it. Yet its in my reviews. What about gmail personal information? It's def .in gmail somewhere
  5. gpshslax

I found it. After Dan's suggestion I checked my setting in gmail. Gmail was set to use my name from google settings. Google settings (personal information) had my real name for a name (hence the correct name used when I send e-mails) but also has a nickname field. I have the other name listed there ... although I don't for the life of me remember ever entering it in gmail or google settings. That must be what the market app uses (if available) for a name when you review an app.