[APP] Mms.apk (UPDATED NO CONTACT ID) (:

1. slutyman

slutyman Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. Dracable

Dracable Well-Known Member Contributor

what is this? what is it for? i mean, obviously its for mms, but is it just a custom mms app, or is it supposed to b a fix for something or what?
  3. slutyman

its just like a theme haha
  4. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

not sure this will work. it is from the optimus elite. if you guys try it,backup original MMS first.
  5. Dracable

ill give it a shot for u. have u personally tested this on a Venture yourself?
  6. slutyman

no ima bout to tho
  7. Curtis1973

you'll know quickly. it'll either not install out right or it will force close upon use.
  8. Dracable

prob shouldnt post untested apks, at least without warning people first that it is untested. just a thought.
  9. Curtis1973

I've been thinking of talking with ktb about his custom edits for his private ICS elite build he has of my theme and get those edits for my public build and see if ktb would mind helping add them to the venture build. he has an almost dead ringer edit for a more ics like experience from what I hear. he might be up for editing the MMS also..can see.
  10. Dracable

right on, very cool, curtis. and slutyman, we very much appreciate ur work in helping develop the Venture, and i always dont mind testing for u! all im saying is if u post something that is untested on our device, just mention it in the thread. ill post results in here if i get to test before u get a chance to! :D
  11. Curtis1973

yeah making sure untested is prominent in any of these posts means a user will know that things are possibly not fully working yet or they may be..its being tested..
  12. b_randon14

b_randon14 Well-Known Member Developer

Yeah I can almost guarentee if this is from the LG it will not work.

Just because a phones shares the sane qualcom chipset doesn't mean automatic compatibilry. The way LG compiles the rom itself is probably different than the way alcatel does and so on. Plus the whole SMS mms code is likely to be different on these phones. Now if this is an aosp compiled gingerbread mms app then it may work. If its a froyo based mms then its probably no chance of it working.
    And yes a huge no no on untested mods. Like I said before if your not confident enough to flash it, no body else should be if your the one posting it!