[app name] has been denied superuser permissions

1. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member

i know i'm rooted as most of them work perfectly fine (granted permissions) but recently some apps randomly get added to the 'deny' list and stick that way unless i uninstall, reinstall, and run them again. i set the SuperUser program to automatically approve but it still does this occasionally. the most recent it denied No-Frills CPU Control, the app loaded and said 'error, are you rooted?' then i uninstalled that and reinstalled and it works fine. what gives?

Advertisement
  2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

I would change my superuser settings to ask for rights instead of automatically allow for one. This does two things. Ensures that YOU set the rights up to allow instead of giving the SU app the chance to deny it automatically. Secondly, this keeps possible rogue apps from being granted SU access and opening up security holes in your phone.
  3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member

it is set to prompt by default. but occasionally it says something on its own like 'No-Frills CPU Control has been denied superuser priveledges' even if previously it granted. in the app itself (Superuser) there is no way to edit or change the apps in the 'deny' list and uninstalling and reinstalling the app which it denied is the only way i can fix it. this is getting annoying too. it's happening with increased frequency. the change to auto grant was my attempt at stopping it from denying things. i