App Or method for quickly adding a contact?

Last Updated:

1. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I have searched the Android store, and also searched these forums but maybe some more advanced Droid users can help me find an answer.

As with the iphone, inputting a new phone number within seconds is rather difficult on the Droid. That got me wondering if there were any third party apps or at least a way through the device OS that will let me quickly add a new contact. So far as I can tell the quickest way is to hit Phone--> input # --->option key---> add to contacts ---> Create new contact. That is 6 steps just to take someone's number! There's got to be a better way.

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Well, if there were an app to add a contact, you'd still have to launch it, and select add new contact...etc, etc.

The fastest way I know is:

Contacts->Menu Key->New Contact->Fill in info.

Or, if you already have the number in your call log, just tap and hold, and select "add contact".

There isn't any faster way AFAIK. But then again, I don't know any other phone that would add a contact faster than that anyways.

3. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I know when I had my iPhone there was an app called fast contact add. You simply opened the app and it went right to input fields for name, phone number and email.