App Organization Widget

Last Updated:

1. creatrixx

creatrixx New Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like a clean way to access organized apps without having to leave my homescreen. Here's my thought:

One home screen could have a widget that takes up maybe 1/3 of the screen. It's made up of a stack of bars that have category names
    like "communication" and "games". Having the names be customizable would be great. To interact with it, you tap the name of the category that you want and it expands that section to show you your top 3-5 (or however many) apps in that category. Then you can tap another category to close the first and open another. Just really simple, but clean and organized.

Any interest? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Froid

Froid Well-Known Member

You can do something very similar to this with a free app called Apps Organizer. It allows you to tag each of your apps by category and then create shortcuts or widgets on your homescreen for each category. For example, I applied the tag "Games" to all of my games apps. I then put a shorcut (icon) on my homescreen that says games. When I tap it it opens a window with every app that I tagged as a game.

Hope this helps.

3. creatrixx

creatrixx New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks! I saw that, but I was hoping for something a bit cleaner. Mostly it's the windows popping up that I'd like to avoid, just to make working with the app smoother. I'll probably end up doing what you suggested, though.