1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General App Permissions w/o my consent?

1. BOOMSHAKER

BOOMSHAKER Member

Good day folks. Just purchased the Note 3 yesterday. Long time iphone user. I am trying to download Skype for face time chatting. When I do, the "app permissions" box pops up. As I go through each permission it says that the app can use anything in my phone without my consent.

example: camera - when I tap on the camera description for the app permission it says I am giving permission to allow the app to use my camera at aytime without my perssion. Same goes for the mic and other things associated on my phone. Can someone shed a little light on this? Any way to not let this happen? Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

The app needs to access certain things in order to work properly. Cam so other people can see you.
    Mic so other people can hear you.

Without access how would Skype work?

Congrats on your Note 3.
  3. BOOMSHAKER

BOOMSHAKER Member

Thank you. I see, so I read that part wrong then correct? I was assuming it was trying to tell me it would open my camera and mic whenever they wanted to for whatever purpose. Thank you for your reply. Makes me feel better. :)

P.S. another philly born and bread 215! lol
  4. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

Every app that you install needs permissions to work on your mobile.
  5. BOOMSHAKER

BOOMSHAKER Member

cool, thank you
    thahim likes this.