• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[APP] Picsel SmartOffice 2

smartoffice

Lurker
Nov 25, 2011

Smart Office 2 and Smart Office Lite are now available for Android!

Smart Office 2 is here, with better cloud file sharing, printing, export to pdf and enhanced interactive views giving a fluid experience from start to finish.

Smart Office 2 is giant leap forward in mobile office technology. The new Dashboard, Document Info Views and Print Room UI improve the user experience by providing simple visual feedback allowing users to work quickly and easily.

New features include:

• Printing: No need to buy a separate Printer app. Simply print to thousands of wireless printers from 34 manufacturers including HP, Epson, Canon and Samsung directly from Smart Office

View, create, edit, print and share Microsoft Office documents on your phone or tablet.

Smart Office 2 list price is $14.95, you can buy now for the special introductory offer price of $9.99!!

Smart Office makes creating, editing, printing and sharing Microsoft Office and other documents on the move even easier through a contextual interface, drag and drop editing and sharing to email in original or PDF format and sharing to Dropbox or Google Docs.

PRINTING included! No need to buy a separate Printer app. You can print to thousands of wireless printers from 34 manufacturers including HP, Epson, Canon and Samsung.

NEW USER INTERFACE! The Smart Office 2 Dashboard is your new hub for mobile office activity. It allows quick access to Printing, Presenting, Explorer Views and a News Feed.

Manage files using Picsel

Upvote 0
This looks like it might be the kind of thing I'm looking for!

I recently got an Asus Transformer from my son, the hardware runs on an Android platform and I'm relatively conversant with Windows XP. Somewhere between moves we lost one of the disks to our Office 2000 as well as the CD key for a re-install (totally separate story there). In the interim I'm using OpenOffice 4.0.0. It works nicely, but it's a little different in terms of interface and I don't mind that too much. The problem I've discovered is that I want to use the Asus machine as my main writing tool. Any of the files I try to open on the platform that were saved in OpenOffice Android doesn't like. I can save them in txt probably, but what I want to something that translates back and forth on the two platforms if need be.

I assume this software is only available online, yes? Can one get a CD or is it best just to burn it to one for backup myself?

Thanks in advance
Catt

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones