1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

App Possibility?????

1. questioneer

questioneer New Member

Hi all,
    There is no way i could build an app of my own. So am seeking Help/Advice.

I am a volunteer firefighter and as such i carry a CFS Pager.
    At the end of the day its something that can be misplaced or forgotten walking out the door.

My question is..... As there is a couple of websites that offer live or close to live streaming of the paging network, is there a possibility of creating a phone app that could stream this information while searching for keywords that relate specifically to the calls that i need. So it runs in the background with an alarm capability when said keywords are discovered.

Kind of like a internet version of the UHF pager that i carry. I understand that it woud be more then likely delayed but from monitoring the feeds its only seconds.

Any information anyone could offer would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Advertisement
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hello and welcome, questioneer, thanks for joining Android Forums! :)

I have moved this to the app requests section, so that one of the Developers who use the site may be able to offer some help/advice :)
    questioneer likes this.
  3. questioneer

questioneer New Member

just for some info. This is one of the feed sites i am reffering too. SAGRN Paging Live
    thanks
  4. DaSeala

DaSeala Active Member

It could/should be possible, I can look into it for you :)

EDIT: It is totally possible. So what type of filter would you be looking for to be applied to this app? The web paging system seems to have some filters and a chime and whatnot, so what triggers are you looking for?

Further EDIT haha :p:

Basically what would you like this pager to do.
  5. questioneer

questioneer New Member

basicaly, as you can see by the feed each page has a set of response codes. Ie: for my local area we have
    STLN 28
    STLN 19
    STLN 42
    So if it could search for the STLN and basically show those pages it would have the messages that the pager receives.
    Further to that if it was made that the keywords could be changed it would offer a wider variety for other brigades.
    If that makes sense
  6. DaSeala

DaSeala Active Member

So basically filter the current Pages for selected keywords and Selected Area Codes?

Is it possible you could provide me with a list or a location of a list of all area codes? Obviously so this app could be useful to other people. I'll provide you with my email if you more direct contact with me, just ask by PM.