App problems on Samsung Galaxy S, 2.2 FroyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. stormbird1900

stormbird1900 New Member This Topic's Starter

This is my first post, so I have no idea how these things are usually done, here goes nothing....

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S from the Optus network(I live in Australia) a couple of weeks ago. Three days ago my brother told me that I could update my phone to 2.2 froyo. Yesterday I did this using odin 1.0. and ever since I have I have had nothing but problems, programs randomly just freeze, swype doesn't work as its just a tutorial version, I have problems with the market place as it doesn't have certain apps (ie. facebook, twitter, tumblr, bump, the original barcode scanner I was using, etc).

I tried to downgrade it back to 2.1, but was unsuccessful as I couldn't find the .tar file i needed to complete the downgrade. I have since managed to iron out some of the problems, and I am content to wait for assistance from Optus/samsung, in regards to fixing most problems, or just leave it as is.

The thing I guess I want help with is the app situation. As stated above the apps are missing from the market place, but more than that, when I got to facebook and twitter direct to download the app from their website it will not let me do so. Anything that could potentially help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Daniel

Advertisement
  2. ayongkot

ayongkot Well-Known Member

did you do a factory reset (data wipe) after the upgrade? it happened to everyone, i guess, after froyo update. let's see if your problem is not resolved.

3. Nisworld

Nisworld Member

I had upgraded to froyo early this year but it messed up my phone. I had wi-fi issues, battery issues and major lag issues.

I had to go to a Samsung repair centre and they simply put my phone back on 2.1 .

I'm wondering if the froyo problems were avoidable at all, as I had loads of apps at that time. So should I try downloading 2.2 again?

Any help would be much appreciated.

4. drclaymoe

drclaymoe New Member

When I try to open app market it says "app not installed".
    I updated to Froyo like 5 months ago and have loved it until I went to get some apps a couple weeks ago... I don't use very many apps and never have.