• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App purchased through Amazon shows up in Market

sharksfan7

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
I purchased Swiftkey X through the Amazon Appstore back in August. Just recently I noticed that when I go to the Android Market, Swiftkey is listed as one of my apps. And in the Market website, it says Swiftkey is purchased, although I never purchased it through there. No other apps that I've gotten through Amazon show up in Android Market. Has anyone else seen this?

Does this mean I'll be able to update Swiftkey through the Market app? Updates tend to show up there days ahead of the Amazon Appstore.

Just to follow up on this... There was a SwiftKey update earlier this week. It showed up in my Market list. However when I tried to install it I got an error stating I could not update b/c the application has not been purchased. No big deal since I never expected it to work. Just kinda annoying that it even shows up in the Market app at all. And as expected the update showed up in the Amazon Appstore the next day.

Anyone know a way to remove SwiftKey from my Market app list?

Upvote 0
You can decouple it through Titanium Backup (the $ version), but I'm finding they've been linking themsevles behind my back again. I've got an even worse issue...several apps show as "purchased" in the market, but it won't let me download as it's claiming (like you saw) that "they haven't been purchased". Hopefully support will have an answer to my issue.

Upvote 0
You can decouple it through Titanium Backup (the $ version), but I'm finding they've been linking themsevles behind my back again. I've got an even worse issue...several apps show as "purchased" in the market, but it won't let me download as it's claiming (like you saw) that "they haven't been purchased". Hopefully support will have an answer to my issue.

Well it's good to know I'm not the only one this is happening to. If you get a response, please post here. Especially if there's something we can do to fix it ourselves. I just submitted an issue report through the market website as well.

Upvote 0
I got a reply from Android Market Support regarding my issue and they pretty much said they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Has something to do with a "communication error" between rooted devices and the Market. I asked if they could just remove the app from my purchase history and they replied that there is currently no way to manually remove an app from an account.

So basically I just need to wait for them to fix it and live with the Market telling me there's an update for my app that I can't download.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones