1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

App Question

Last Updated:

1. mikedean441

mikedean441 Member This Topic's Starter

Had the moto droid for about a week. Was talked into buying it, not very computer intelligent, so have been battling through trying to get things setup for my liking.

I have vertain preferences I would like to have setup for my settings when im at work.school and home primarily. Thus far Ive been doing it all manually which has been a pain, til someone suggested locale app. Not sure if it is the way to go based on what I need so looking for insight, below is how I want my settings:

At work--phone/text/emails all vibrate
    At school-same as above
    At home before bed time(say midnite)-phone/text/emails all have audio notification
    At home after bed time-phone can ring, text can have audio notification, but emails I want silent (no vibrate)

Is locale they way to go? or any other ideas?

thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. johnny_w

johnny_w Well-Known Member

I understand local can have issues if your "conditions" are based on the gps since it can lose signal indoors. I use it based on time to do the very things you are looking for and it works well.
    Give it a try, what do you have to lose?

3. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

The app Locale (free) can do all that for you as long as you keep your gps enabled. (Contrary to some posts, it doesnt hurt your battery all that much, I keep it on and my phone lasts over 14 hours before recharge.

4. mikedean441

ok, just wanted to give an update
    for the most part, worked with no issues all day today

only problem is that in the evening I had the phone set to ring and I took teh notifications off of vibrate so that they would make a noise (or so I thought when I got email or text)

but it made no noises at all when I got an email, or a text
    does the "notifications" option cover what happens with both emails and text since they both appear in notification section?

and if so, any idea what I did wrong?

and for the record, my batter life was awful today, only lasted 7.5 hours, but im sure there are more things I can do to improve that

5. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

Did you remember to set your default situation?

6. mikedean441

no I didnt mess with that, because all of my "situations" cover all 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

so tonight until 11pm it was set to Home Chillin
    which meant phone rings, and I thought I would get notifications I could hear

when I went in and looked at my droid settings outside of locale, it had notifications ringtone set to silent