App questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. teaguzzler

teaguzzler Member This Topic's Starter

Would running an app to listen to the radio drain the battery fast?

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

If the display stays lit, yes. If the volume is turned way up, that couldn't help either.

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Depends on what your definition of "fast" is. Will it drain the battery faster? Yes. Anything that uses a constant stream of data and creates audio is going to use a lot of battery. The life on my Droid is excellent though. I usually use Pandora or Last.FM radio at work for at least a few hours and the phone still has plenty of juice when I go to bed.

4. teaguzzler

teaguzzler Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using an app called Vinyl. I can listen to a radio station from Sweden. I had it playing for a few hours. Earlier I had been on the phone for about an hour. The battery status bar went yellow, so I stopped it. Do you think there's something wrong with the battery?

5. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Probably not. The battery is pretty good, but voice calls will use a good chunk of it, as will radio. I use Internet radio quite a bit, but I don't spend a lot of time making voice calls (maybe 5-10 minutes per day) so your battery is going to drain faster than mine if you're talking for an hour or more. I also don't know what other apps you have that may be running / affecting your battery life on your phone. It should probably be OK, though.