1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

[App] QuickAdd+

1. phalt

phalt Member

New Update!

Quick Add 0.7 features:

* Send & Save - save the contact to your phone and text them your number. Gets rid of the hassle of sharing numbers and you don't have to remember yours!

A simple widget for adding new contacts easily, without having to go through the usual menus.

Add a contact in 10 seconds flat!
    QuickAdd+ link for AppBrain

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd love some feedback on improvements :)

Advertisement
  2. phalt

phalt Member

Quick Add 0.5.2 update!

I've done a very brief update to fix some little bugs and make things more stream lined.

I've got some unique features coming to the first stable version 1.0, keep it updated!

Please update and tell me what you think! Your feedback will make it better.
  3. phalt

phalt Member

Great news!

I have been given the chance to develop this application as part of a Design process module in my degree that I am studying.

Which means I will have a lot of dedicated time to improving and updating it.

I've done a huge amount of research the past few days into features that aren't available on current applications and I'm going to be adding them over the next few weeks.

If you have any suggestions it'll be sure to help!
  4. phalt

phalt Member

As promised: Version 0.6 has just this second been released!

Check out my blog post for a bit of information on what's been added and why we added it!

UI improvements
    A new settings menu for configuring notifications

Blog post
  5. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

neat

I see you've added tyler durden to your contacts. be careful with that dude, imo!

Anyways, Dev question -- do you add it to a specific account, or do you add it just to the (null) phone account. Or do you use the deprecated 1.5/1.6 contacts API?

(none of these things are wrong or bad, im just curious)
  6. phalt

phalt Member

I'm a big Chuck Phalanuik fan, can you tell? :)

I've actually built a contacts object/class (I'm an OO programmer :p) based on the 2.1+ contacts api to make it easier for adding contacts.
    I can basically write newContacts.addName(name); instead of the 8+ lines of code each time to add a single bit of detail to the contact.
    The accounts are all stored on the phone currently but I will be adding the extra functionality as I go.
    I'm debating putting the newContacts class on github as an open source for people to add to their projects because the api is bloody annoying.

Oh by the way - listables is awesome, nice work!
    alostpacket likes this.
  7. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Yeah I friggin hate the ContactsContract api, it's an abomnation, to put it nicely. Very cool you built your own!

Thanks for the kind words on listables :)
  8. phalt

phalt Member

New Update!

Quick Add 0.7 features:

* Send & Save - save the contact to your phone and text them your number. Gets rid of the hassle of sharing numbers and you don't have to remember yours!