• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [APP] QuickClock Overclock Assistant

Explain the numbers within the green bracket and the 300/27 outside the brackets. Is 300/27 not the min? I dig the 8-bit look, nice work.

Thank ya kindly. The brackets represent the limits imposed by the current scaling minimums and maximums. In this scenario, the min has been set to 600 and the max to 1000. It will probably look a bit different in the real version, but that is the look I'm going for.

Upvote 0
Happy Tuesday Peoples!

Just wanted to post up a screenshot of the new main menu.

2zntp4y.jpg

I fixed the issue with module loading that Colchiro mentioned, set the default BMV to 15, and made many other improvements. The 4 numbers in brackets there are the current available scaling frequencies. The bracket positions indicate where the min and max are, so 1400 is greyed out because I've currently set 1000 to be the max. You can adjust all of this right on this menu by tapping those numbers selecting new mins and maxes. It's a little different than the familiar sliders from SetCPU, but it gives you more information visually and I think it works well. 300 MHz is the current frequency of the CPU and 19VSEL is the current voltage coefficient. These update once every second so that you can watch the activity of your CPU. .... Talking about watching CPU activity makes me want to put together a graph/chart visualization of CPU load and scaling frequencies.... maybe a feature for the Advanced Menu in a later update? For now, though, there's lots of work left to be done on my QCA to-do list, so I'm gonna grab another soda and get back to it. I hope to upload a shiny new version fo the market tonight, so keep your eyes peeled for that market notification.

Peace & Thanks

Upvote 0
Looks great Paul. Look forward to the update. Any possibility of a widget down the road?

My current settings are:

400 @ 21vsel
850 @ 43vsel
1000 @ 50vsel
1250 @ 63vsel

Buffer is 14

Phone is fast as hell, and runs quite cool....hasn't even cracked 100F. Battery usage is good enough for me.

Good job.

Sa-weet. Glad things are running so well. As for the widget, absolutely. What would you like the widget to do?

Upvote 0
Hi Folks!

Version 1.5 of QuickClock Advanced is now live on the Market, and I recommend getting it as soon as possible as it is a major upgrade.

***Big Update***
Main Menu
-View current freq/VSEL
-View available freqs
-Set scaling min & max using the numbers in brackets (the current avail freqs)
Calibrate Menu
-Select Automatic for auto-vsel finder
-Select Adjust to manually set params
-Select Defaults to restore default params
Overclock Menu
-Anti-Turtling mechanism added
-Can adjust stability buffer here now
Advanced Menu
-Coming soon

AND the whole UI has been completely revamped with Super Duper High-Tech Graphics.

Hope everyone enjoys it! As always feedback is very much appreciated.

Upvote 0
Ran it - my Vsels are way down from what I had. Im now testing :
300 - BMV 15
350 - 20
750 - 40
1000 - 52
1250 - 66
Well see how stable it is. My previous test was ok, but had a few kernel panics.
within a few minutes of applying this, i noticed some turtling when typing into the Market, but its seems to have recovered.. Ill keep an eye on it.

Upvote 0
Ran it - my Vsels are way down from what I had. Im now testing :
300 - BMV 15
350 - 20
750 - 40
1000 - 52
1250 - 66
Well see how stable it is. My previous test was ok, but had a few kernel panics.
within a few minutes of applying this, i noticed some turtling when typing into the Market, but its seems to have recovered.. Ill keep an eye on it.

Sounds good. If you need to make adjustments it should be much easier now with the buffer editable on the overclock menu and the adjust option in the calibrate menu.

Upvote 0
The only reason I still have the jrummy app is for the nice widget. I'd prefer to use setCPU's widget, since it is capable of showing the temps in real time, but it's widget is not very visually appealing to me.

If Paul could come up with a nice looking widget, showing all the particulars in real time, I'd ditch the others in a heartbeat.....hint, hint. hehe

Upvote 0
Do you need SU permission to run this app? I am z4rooted on a droid x. SU is never requested when I run this app. I am at stock settings when I run the app, but it just Keeps running into the negative numbers after hitting calibrate - automatic.

How do I give SU permission to run this app, since it is not given on run automatically?
Thanks - I have the donate version just put on the market

Edit: Fixed it by clearing the data in super user

Upvote 0
I was going to suggest tapping the entry in SU and choosing "forget".

Unfortunately that was a problem, because it was not listed in su. But thanks for the
come back.

When I ran it in auto I got:
300 frequently at 14 vsel -tis turned out not to be stable. Crashed on Mybackup Pro, so I upped the buffer to 18.

300 freq - 15 vsel
600 freq - 30 vsel
900 freq - 45 vsel
1100 freq - 56 vsel

We shall see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones