App/shortcut/widget to get straight to 'network operators'

1. the_letty

the_letty New Member

Sometimes my phone loses signal, and then doesn't pick it up as quickly as I'd like. Normally, I go into settings, to 'wireless controls, mobile networks, network operators' to force it to pick up my network. I'm looking for either an app/widget/shortcut to take me straight from my homescreen to 'network operators' without having to click through the various settings menus, or advice on building the link myself.

Many thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

I think BetterCut might have it, but if not try Bar Control (the shortcut'll be put in your notification bar, though).
  3. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

That sounds like a PITA and something you shouldn't need to do.. Better find the real problem and not just throw a band aid on it.
  4. munrubenmuz

munrubenmuz New Member

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so please go easy on me. This is a shortcut that I'd like to see too. Currently when I cannot get coverage from my service provider at home I set the phone to 'roam' which gives me full coverage. When I drive into my service providers coverage area in switches automatically to them. The problem is when I get home the network stays on my service providers coverage rather than switching back to roaming. As a result I have poor reception again.

To remedy this I need to go to my menu/settings/wireless controls/mobile networks/network operators/search networks and then select 'roaming from the list. I was looking for an app or a way of installing a shortcut to this setting rather than go through these 6 steps each time.

Can anyone help a newbie gumby like me. I am currently using a HTC tattoo if that helps.

Many thanks in advance.

Muz
  5. h107474

h107474 New Member

Did you find a solution? I'm in exactly the same position. In the UK I can use T-Mobile or Orange. But when I'm at home it won't let go of T-Mobile which has one bar and switch to Orange which has four. I have to manually swap it which is a pain. Then change it back to automatic when I'm out. My kingdom for an app that can choose mobile network operator or automatic based on location.
  6. RickPJ

RickPJ Active Member

Try the 2G-3G widget (free in the Market). It goes directly to the "Mobile network settings" page, then it's just one tap to "Network operators". Not quite directly there, but a lot quicker than going via Settings!

Cheers, Rick
    HTC Desire Z, Android 2.2.1
    tech9iner likes this.