1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

App similar to Facebook to HTC Sense

Last Updated:

1. nceagles

nceagles Member This Topic's Starter

I used to have sense but rooted and went to a senseless ROM. The only thing I liked about sense was Facebook for HTC Sense. Every app I have found to sync facebook profiles only does the pictures.

Is there an app that will sync birthdays to the calendar and pictures to my contacts, and allow me to choose which syncs where? I have some friends with Facebook names that I do NOT want to be as my phone contacts lol.

I have searched for hours to no avail :(

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. williamj1

williamj1 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I really understand all of your question.. but I think I get most of it.

As far as I know, there are no other apps which sync facebook contacts, calender info and photos etc to the sections of the phone other than the official facebook app or the htc equivalent.

However you said above, that there are some of your fb contacts you don't want in your contacts. Why not just sync them all and then delete the ones you don't want?

Hope this helps...

3. nceagles

My friend has his name on facebook as hunglikeaflea (yes lol) however I have him as Rob in my phone. I dont want to have to name him hunglikeaflea to have it sync.

The calendar isnt as important as just getting all the pics to sync.

Edit: The facebook app does not sync anything to your google contacts, that would make it easy lol

4. Al3x4Fun

Al3x4Fun Member

that's not possible, or you can sync it manually.take a look at nceagles situation. my name is Alex,and every where i log in i have a different username..

5. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

I use the app FB Sync and it will sync phone numbers, photos, addresses, email, etc. from Facebook IF the names in your phone and the Facebook names match. However, if they don't match (Mike vs. Michael, for example) you can go to that contact, select a Facebook friend to link, and then those profiles join together without changing the name on either side.

Might help.

6. nceagles

I cannot choose Facebook in contacts. I do not have facebook for htc sense which allows me to do that. I have not found a direct download to the software to try and sync it to people either.

7. denial86

denial86 Active Member

Was that really the only thing you liked from sense?

8. nceagles

Yep, the lock screen was crap, the main UI was not customizable (launcherpro ftw), and the dialer was junk. I have replaced them all so I do not need sense at all. In fact it adds more bloat to the phone. I am debating going back to sense though just for the facebook sync if I cannot find anything that will work correctly.