App store for UK customers

Last Updated:

1. Bazman76

Bazman76 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there,

I am a UK customer and I want to buy some apps in the app store but I know using a credit card can incurre quite large charges making them a rather uneconomic way to do low value transactions.

Is there anyway to get round this? Ideally a sterling denominated store would be perfect but failing that the use of paypal or something similar would help greatly.

Baz

Advertisement
  2. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

The currency exchange charges that some Android Market users have experienced are levied by the credit / debit card that they use with Google Checkout.
    Personally I use a Barclays debit card and haven't had any additional charges levied, so I'm quite happy using the market. It's worth checking with your card issuer to see if they levy the charges.

Bazman76 likes this.
  3. vince1

vince1 Well-Known Member

At least u can buy apps. Still waiting here in Ireland.

4. Bazman76

Hey I'm not looking to apportion blame it's just be nice to make the bankers work for their money for a change.

I'm new to Android having just taken delivery of my HTC Desire but really loving it!! I'll stick to the free downloads for now until I figure a way of avoiding the bank charges. (I was with Barclays but left because of the piss poor interest rates they pay).

5. Brinkley1988

Brinkley1988 Well-Known Member

I think you could directly buy the apps from the google app store. Your service provide may have provided some machinisms for you to pay for them, if you could see the apps which have to charge.

6. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

I'm with lloyds and they charge

7. Bazman76