• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Store keeps crashing tablet runs slow

daldude

Jul 7, 2013
The App Store keeps crashing on my tablet every few minutes I will get the message "Unfortunately the App store has stopped" error message and I have to tap ok. It's annoying having to constantly hit ok when I'm trying to use my tablet. I ran installed and ran several anti virus programs installed each one separately and did not have 2 installed at the same time and none of them reported any viruses or malware.
If I buy a name bran tablet that has a retail value of $600 I expect it to preform better then a cheap no name single core tablet. Many times it will lock up few several seconds or I'll get a black screen for a few seconds while it is on the home screen even if I did not just exit a program and sometimes it takes 1 to 2 minutes to load a email that is just a simple email with no complex images or photos in them. Even when I remove or insert the dock it will get the black screen for a few seconds. Also many times when I try to shut down i will take so long to respond that I hit the power button again thinking I did not press it hard enough and then it will lock the screen and tak so long to respond when I hit the power button again I wonder if maybe it had locked up and a few rimes I would get tired of waiting for it to respond and hold the power button down to cause it to do a forced reset. I though they fixed the performance problem when the upgraded to Jelly Bean with the butter enhancement feature. IT seems to have slowed down after the most recent update. I have Android 4.2.1 installed Kernel 3.1.10-gb1a9af5 android@Cancer #1 Thur Aug 1 17:00:24 CST 2013 Build number JOP40D.US_EPAD-10.6.1.14.10-20130801

doing a check for updates says that my tablet is up to date.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones