• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Store Questions?

Mrstickball

Jun 20, 2009
Hello, I have a question for those in the know.

I am interested in purchasing an android-capable phone in the near future..I really like what it offers. My brother has a G1 (TMobile USA), which has piqued my interest in the Android platform.

My question is:

Is the app store synched with every kind of Android-capable phone, or just that specific phone? If I was to buy a HTC Magic, would it use the same app store as the G1? AFAIK, some other major platforms, such as Symbian do not sync, and it's 'every phone for itself', but I was thinking that Android was more synergic.

Thanks for your answers!

Hello, I have a question for those in the know.

I am interested in purchasing an android-capable phone in the near future..I really like what it offers. My brother has a G1 (TMobile USA), which has piqued my interest in the Android platform.

My question is:

Is the app store synched with every kind of Android-capable phone, or just that specific phone? If I was to buy a HTC Magic, would it use the same app store as the G1? AFAIK, some other major platforms, such as Symbian do not sync, and it's 'every phone for itself', but I was thinking that Android was more synergic.

Thanks for your answers!

Yes, I have the magic and am able to run all the apps that you can get for the dream. There are a few that need a keyboard but other than that it's all good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones