App store "Search" deletions

Last Updated:

1. telltime

telltime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry this is somewhat of a re-post... I followed the forum rules and did the search and found a couple of similar questions, but nothing exactly the same and no firm answer.

Question - In the App Market, is it possible to/how do you delete old searches?

If it's not possible I'd just like to know, but it seems like this should be possible. If they can't be deleted, will the at least eventually expire?

I mainly want to know because, like other folks who get these phones, family/friends want to see them. A co-worker was comparing my phone to his iPhone and looking in the app marketplace. He did a search and mis-spelled something. Seeing it there drives me nuts. Also, it bothers me that the searches that I've done for apps and either purchased or downloaded are still listed.

Thanks,
    Devin

Advertisement
  2. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

This has come up before and no it is not possible. The file to erase is in the root folder and we don't have root access on our phones...yet

3. telltime

telltime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks... I saw similar questions and had this suspicion. Appreciate your taking the time to answer a "repeat" question (maybe I'll learn to do better searches in the forums to find questions from before).