App strictly for horizontal scrolling dock (or non-battery draining launcher)?

Last Updated:

1. DM616

DM616 Member

I'm trying to find possibly an application that can make the dock horizontally scrolling for an additional shortcut or two, on an unrooted Galaxy S3.

If this is not possible, what is a launcher that doesn't seem to affect the battery? I haven't looked into launchers, nor know what they actually do, but I'm afraid they will kill my battery.

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Get Apex launcher. If you use a different launcher and set it as default then restart the phone, the stock TouchWiz launcher won't be running, so there would be no difference in battery consumption. Widgets are the battery killers.
  3. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Nova Launcher. The free version should do all you need.
  4. DM616

DM616 Member

Widgets are battery killers?

I have:

Beautiful widgets (the big one day forecast + 4 day forecast, updates every 12 hours and 8 hours, respectively)

Equalizer / OEM Music Hub

I'll give Apex Launcher a try.
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

More Widgets = more battery drained.

Launchers: negligible battery drain. Mainly because they won't put an additional strain on the battery anyway, unless you have a lot of stuff on it. Basically, the more heavily customized your UI is, the greater the battery drain. The simpler and more basic it is, the less drain.
  6. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Well-Known Member

I use Nova Prime, and battery life is fine.
    Widgets I have running are:
    HD Widgets (grabbed it during the. 25 cents sale). The main header with the clock, and the 5 day weather.
    Circle Battery Widget. Set it to match the ones in the dock.
    APW Bookmarks. A scrolling bookmark widget.
    Circle Launcher Light. Was also able to set it for a pretty good match to the others in the dock.
    Again, battery life is fine. As others have noted, it's not the launcher, but the widgets.
    I've also found that browsers can use a lot of battery. I use more battery life when using a browser than just about anything else.