• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App test request

x475aws

Nov 7, 2009
Hi all. I have an app that I developed under Android 2.0, and I'd like to make it available for 1.6 also. Already tested it on a 1.6 emulator, but there's nothing like a real phone. The app is called RingGuard, and here's the description:

Guard against unintended ring volume change, while allowing normal use of volume rocker switch.

When volume is changed, a confirmation dialog pops up. Can confirm on screen, or with hard keys. After a configurable timeout, volume is restored to original setting.

Tested on Motorola Droid.

After 13 days on the Market for 2.0+ only, it has 1066 downloads, with 80% of those active (not uninstalled). Almost all ratings are 5-star, no FC's reported.

If you use any app that changes volume automatically (e.g. Locale), you might not be happy with RingGuard, because it can't tell the difference between a manual volume change and one performed by a program. Fixing this would require cooperation between the other app and RingGuard.

If anyone wants to try it, please PM me. I'd want you to install and enable it, and live with it for a few days. Also make sure that the confirm screen responds properly to screen orientation change.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones