1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

App that auto installs as needed?

Last Updated:

1. gwi

gwi Member This Topic's Starter

The problem is, I have a bunch of apps I rarely use but still like to keep around just in case. I use AppMonster now to backup certain apps like this, but is there a way to let's say, add shortcuts to uninstalled apps to the homescreen, and when you click them it installs them, and uninstalls them again once the app closes?

Advertisement
  2. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

Not that I am aware off. An alternative would be to try Titanium back up. It has a freeze option that you could un freeze when needed and refreeze when done. It would all be via human intervention mind, so could end up more of a pain then just leaving them installed.

Sorry not much help but it could work for you if its storage issues that you are having in generale.

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

What is the problem with having them installed all the time? Unless of course you do not have enough memory to do that.

4. gwi

gwi Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah exactly, just trying to keep that "low on storage" icon thing out of reach :) Haven't been enough of a hero yet to try all the apps2sd+ business and the like. Thanks anyway!