• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root app that roots, install roms, wifi tether for you

I installed the sholes yesterday at 3. VERY happy with the performance, the new Gallery is worth 5 bucks alone! Much zippier around the menus and the unlock is quicker without the stupid heptic feedback...BUT

Ive had 3 reboots, once required me to remove the battery.

After a call was dropped on their end my phone froze and vibrated endlessly until I popped out the battery... lol....but not really lol ya know what I mean?

Then this morning was watching a vid I recorded, skipped about 20 seconds in and then stopped, phone rebooted.

And lastly my stock browser hates hotmail, keeps going back to desktop\home with no error screen or anything (not too big of a deal as I use xscope and dolphin) but still weird.

Upvote 0
The coverflow music app only seems to allow the new cover feature in landscape mode (after going to library in the menu). It is pretty cool now that I figured it out.

2.02 installed without a hiccup!

Thanks, that was a tricky one. Another fairly useless thing too stare at endlessly moving my finger across the screen! :eek:

I have noticed the covers are different from the portrait mode ones.

Upvote 0
I put my droid to the test all day with the sholes. Now i have not tried bugless beast so I can not compare it. After i romoved jit and installed home switcher and switched to the default home it has been good FOR ME. Bluetooth worked, music, camera, texting, it all worked for me. For those using it, even though you do not have to be an expert it is best to go the the obtain root, root your droid website to atleast be familiar what is going on with your device. To root or not, bugless or sholes is up to you. I am not getting a cut from either party so i am not gonna push either way. I am just telling u im rooted oc at 800 and running smooth (I prefer 800 over 1000, yeah im scared to go that high lol).

If I already installed the sholes updater and everything is working fine how do I go back and remove the Jit without doing that crap all over again. The reason I ask is, although I have no wierd reboots my browser keeps force closing, especially when trying to type on this sight. I heard turning off the jit(whatever that is solves everything). How do I go back and do that?

Upvote 0
Can someone help me please. How do I fix the browser force close issue? Do turn the jit off that I see everyone talking about? If so how do I do that? I downloaded the sholes updater yesterday and have had no problems except for browser. Not even a reboot. And what is this 2.02 everyone is talking about? Is it an update to the sholes update already?

Upvote 0
2.02 came out today. Go pick it up, flash, then maybe your FC's will be gone?[/QUOTEo

ok I can find that on alldroid.com? As you can see I'm very new to this rooting thing. And what does the superuser permissions do?

If you run the SholesMod Updater again it should allow you to choose, download and install the latest 2.02 update.

Upvote 0
can someone answer this for me please if i install this and then want to go back to exactly how my droid was before installing this root is it easy and flawless and how is it done?

There are two options:

1) Stock 2.0.1 (no root)

2) Sholes MOD 2.0.2

Although I have not tried #1 it should do the trick. Maybe you need to ask someone at the Sholes.info site.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones