App that saves to SD Card instead?

Last Updated:

1. Trevor

Trevor New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought a HTC Hero this past week, and I got a 8gb sd card. I hear there is a program that can install all market, etc. downloaded programs to it instead of the Hero's Memory?

Thank you in advance!!!

Trevor

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Hi Trevor,

You need to use APPS2SD. It's not a program but it's built into some custom ROM's. So in order to use it you'll need to install a custom ROM. There is loads of info about this in the 'All things root' sub-forum. Note, it will void your warranty.

3. Trevor

Trevor New Member This Topic's Starter

Bluenova & anyone else that may reply,

So you are saying these Rom's void the warranty, which also would be voiding the extra monthly warranty I buy. :D Don't get me wrong, I Overclock and build custom machines... but I don't know anything about the "smart phone" nor what these rom's do.

That's besides the point, my question would be. When I fill up the HTC Hero's on board memory, I can just move those files to the SD card anyways I assume? (Trying to go the quicker route on these questions, due to time constraints)

Thanks again, especially for the quick response last post.

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Yes and no.

Although app2sd is something you can just enable at any point, even with tones of apps installed, enabling it on stock firmware isn't always possible. You see some official firmware versions block rooting methods, so to get to a stage where you could enable apps2sd could well require you to wipe the phone's data anyway.