• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App that turns off the Data when the phone gets locked

MacroDroid will, provided the phone is Rooted...

MD used to be able to do that all the time, and that is how I used it. I always turn off DATA and WiFi when I lock my phone.... that stops the Internet and useless app activity in the background, and preserves battery life immensely.

Currently, now with 5.x or higher, it is impossible for any app to turn off DATA unless the phone is rooted, and your app has "permission" to do so....

if your phone is rooted, and no app including MacroDroid will turn off DATA, you need to look at the Permissions for the app.

Upvote 0
MacroDroid will, provided the phone is Rooted...

MD used to be able to do that all the time, and that is how I used it. I always turn off DATA and WiFi when I lock my phone.... that stops the Internet and useless app activity in the background, and preserves battery life immensely.

Currently, now with 5.x or higher, it is impossible for any app to turn off DATA unless the phone is rooted, and your app has "permission" to do so....

if your phone is rooted, and no app including MacroDroid will turn off DATA, you need to look at the Permissions for the app.
MacroDroid did its job. Thanks a lot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones