App that will customize EQ?

Last Updated:

1. Meka

Meka Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know of an app that will customize the equalizer for my music? Free or paid, either would be awesome.

Advertisement
  2. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

I don't think there's one... at least not for now...

3. Meka

Meka Member This Topic's Starter

Bummer. i need some better sound other than stock.

4. duga

duga Active Member

I agree with you.

Why does music sound so flat when I run it through the aux of my home or car stereo?

Is there a setting or something that I am missing? Are all mp3's like this?

5. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Actually, the sound reproduction is pretty good. It may be that your particular unit does not allow line level adjustments of the Aux input. I have hooked the Hero up through my aux sometimes and sound is just as good as playing from the USB connector (yes - car audio too). FACT is that unless your playing from an uncompressed format (.wav) for example, there will be a degradation of signal.

That said, to my knowledge, there is no EQ app that I'm aware of.

Happy Trails!
    :cool:

6. lil goat

lil goat Active Member

Streaming Pandora over bluetooth sounds great, better than my iPod that is direct connected. Still and EQ would be nice.

7. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

It really depends on the speakers and headphones you use. I would recommend getting some good quality sound in ear heaphones, the other kind wont give a good sound unless the phone would have an Equalizer.

Back in December I bought a Sony pair of in ear buds for my iPod nano and the sound is great and I never changed the EQ settings on my device. So, when I got my Hero, I pretty much put my iPod away and just use the earbuds on my hero and the sound is still pretty good, I really like them. and look like these, but they're black and were around $35 http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3572833 and I actually gottem at the Apple store, not RadioShack. They come with a mic, but the problem is that it only seemsto be compatible the iPhone and my hero for some reason recognizes the mic, but people can't hear me when I speak, so I went to RadisoShack and purchased another set of earbuds for my phone, and the sound is not as good as my Sony earbuds, but they do sound pretty decent and mic actually works on my hero. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3510210, mine are silver though and got them for $59 i think, these look white and they're more expensive. I dont know what the difference is.

I guess, it also depends on the plastic tip around the end your put in your ear, cuz sometimes they come in different sizes to fit inside your ear, and that also changes the quality of the sound.

8. dominicanyor

dominicanyor Well-Known Member

wait just a darn minute, your saying that i could listen to music from my hero from the speakers of my car?? if it is, how do i do that again??

9. normandg

normandg Active Member

I use a pair of Bose speakers on my desk at work while listening to XM through my Hero. Sounds pretty good.