App that will keep track of money spent?

Last Updated:

1. omgu8myrice

omgu8myrice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is going to sound extremely petty.. but here it goes.

My gf and I argue a lot over who has to pay for things. It really bothers me, but she somehow thinks that she pays more because she picks up the tab a lot when we get like a soda, but I'm always paying for dates, dinners, etc, and sometimes it gets old. It wouldn't even be an issue, but whenever I don't pay for something for her, she always points out something she bought for me, even if it was just something she paid for to make up for something I previously paid for. Even worse is the fact that I'm in college with no job, and she's a nurse making almost 60 grand/year.

Now, with that story out the way.. haha. I'm wonder if there is an app that will simply just keep a running total of dollar amounts? I just want to be able to add in money whenever one of us pays, and see who pays more for a while. So far, all I can find are these crazy expense/bill paying apps that are way more than I need. All I need is a calculator that can keep a running tab!

Thanks guys

Advertisement
  2. Chingon_ed

Chingon_ed Member

Download the Mint app after you set it up online at Mint.com

It's very secure (secure enough) and easy to use for exactly what you need and much more...

3. NOsquid

NOsquid Well-Known Member

Hey grasshopper - reason has no place in an argument with a woman. Installing this app will not help you, in all likelihood it will start a more serious fight.

Just my opinion :)

4. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

mint, but first you have to set it up on a computer

5. speedfreak

speedfreak Well-Known Member

If your bickering about money now and your just dating then dump her because it will only get worse. I would say keep her if she paid for everything but with her being that tight with money and she makes 60K more a year than you then wait till you get a real job and she makes her money and spends yours... dump her before she makes you sign a prenump (or kids) and keeps all you ever make

But the fascinate calculator will keep a running tab it is called history.... what you should make your girlfriend

6. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

If money is an issue, start splitting checks and each of you buy your own stuff. Seriously, it's not worth arguing over. :)

I don't know of an app to keep a running tab of money spent, other than Mint. I use that to keep track of all my finances, but I don't think it will do what you want.

7. omgu8myrice

omgu8myrice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Giving mint a shot, thanks guys

8. Destination: Moon

Destination: Moon Active Member

I like P Finance (maybe its Personal Finance in the Market). Gives delayed stock quotes and does a ton of other finance stuff too all in one free app.
    I think it has a section to track expenses and will do what you need.

Good luck!