App that's hiding...Support

Last Updated:

1. DroidRick

DroidRick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I go into Settings/Apps/Manage Apps/
    I see an app that I installed last week.
    The problem is that I can't launch it because it doesn't show up on my home screen or under apps.

How can I find this app so I can launch it?

(not rooted)

TIA

Advertisement
  2. PhoenixFx

PhoenixFx Well-Known Member

What is the app ? If it only has a widget interface then you'll have to add it to one of the home screens as a widget.

3. DroidRick

The app is called "Screen Cut".
    I checked and it doesn't have a widget to add.
    Nor is there a shortcut to add for it. :(

4. PhoenixFx

If you are talking about this app , then that is an ad-on for a browser called Dolphin. Its not meant to work as a stand alone app, you need to use it through that browser. I haven't used Dolphin browser (in fact this is the first time I heard about it). But if you already have it installed, then Screen cut should be available as an option somewhere in there.

DroidRick likes this.
  5. DroidRick

Thanks Phoenix. That is the app I was referring to. I didn't have Dolphin installed but just tried it out now. Dolphin is interesting.
    Screen Cut however captures images at a poor reading quality so it's
    not really usable.

6. PhoenixFx

If your phone is rooted then you can use a tool like ShootMe to capture screen shots of any application (including web pages) exactly the way you see them on your screen.

7. DroidRick

Thanks. I will probably eventually root my phone as I understand it can do many more things than un-rooted. For now, as it's a new phone I will leave things be.

I understand that once you root you void your warranty and also risk bricking your machine if you mess up.

8. PhoenixFx

Technically it could void the warranty, but I don't think your network operator or Samsung will check to see if you have rooted. Especially if you run in to a serious firmware error (i.e phone stops booting, wont let you log in etc..) , they will simply flash it without checking for anything else. There are also ways to unroot or at least remove traces of having root access. And rooting is pretty safe if you follow the instructions properly. Bricking a SGS (in the old sense of the word) is almost impossible if you have the 3 button recovery mode.

But having said that, if the phone is still very new, then its a good idea to give it some time and test all the functions to make sure that it works properly, before rooting.