• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App to alert when battery is overheating

Guy Sheffer

Lurker
Nov 26, 2014
Hey all, new to the forum :)

When I sleep my phone sometimes ends up in my bed (pun intended I guess). The problem is that if it ends up under a pillow, it overheats and shuts down. I was wondering if there is any app that would alert overheating (vibration preferably, since the phone is muffed when under a pillow).

Several searches on Google Play did not return something that does that.

Does anyone know of any solution to this?

Using Galaxy S4 with CyanogenMod 11

Thanks,
Guy

It shouldn't be getting so hot at night, unless you got something running on it like games? Probably find you have a discharged battery in the morning as well don't you? My phone has often ended up under the pillow or duvet but it's always cool, as it should be. I'm usually just browsing, or playing music or videos, not gaming.

You say it's running CyanogenMod11, what version? Because my Oppo F7a was draining the battery excessively and became hot with a particular nightly of that. Because it was having some problem with sleeping and kept on running the CPU flat-out, and so heating things up.

Last edited:
Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I tend to agree with mikedt's analysis. However, SetCPU can be configured wih a Profile to set an audible alarm when the battery or CPU temp reach/exceed a pre-determined (by you) setting. Although this notification feature is not mentioned on the Play store, it is described in the original guide on XDA:
* Temp > - Set when the battery or system temperature rises above a certain point. SetCPU will notify you with a ringtone notification if you check the "Audible Warning" checkbox here. You will also be able to specify a temperature for this profile.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones