• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App to "clone display"?

Hello. Longtime Android user but first post here!

I'm trying to find out if there is an app that can display a clone of one device to another...similar to windows desktop "clone display". What I'd like to use it for specifically, is when I'm driving and using Google Navigation on my Galaxy Nexus, clone the display onto a larger tablet such as the Nexus 7 or 10 or such.

Anything like that? Thanks!

Welcome to Android Forums, gorgerax!

I don't know of anything which does what your asking but just because I don't know, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. ;)

The Nexus 7 has a proper GPS built into it so you may not have to go through the cloning for navigation. This doesn't quite answer your question but I hope it helps! Good luck!

Edit: You'd need an offline navigation package like Navfree to get your maps, for example.

Upvote 0
i'd imagine you COULD do something like this with a program like teamviewer and a tether. run the tether, tether the tablet and remote in with teamviewer via WiFi.

i don't know why you'd need to, though. if you have a car stand (there are some mcguyver-y ones out there - paperclips and binder clips held together by rubber bands) you should be able to just mount your phone like a standalone GPS unit.

if you come across something, let us know! no telling when some new trick might come in handy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones