• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

app to control car via sms or bluetooth

elmoose

Lurker
Aug 15, 2009
I'm New at making apps.....Imagine you walk to your car and doors open automatically/car starts/Windows roll down/up all via sms! i have a Small device already wired in to my car that does all this via sms commands. also if your alarm goes off you will get a sms! The device also supports commands via bluetooth which does the same things like sms commands but you have to be near the car..I would like to know a few things. 1.(Bluetooth)Could i built app that automatically connects to my car via Bluetooth and send commands with out any user imput(i would just sync 1 time and tell the the app what to trigger when i come with in range ie. open doors,start car) 2.((SMS)A simple app with a few icons like a door/engine/locks/windows..so it would work like this...i open the app i press the "door" icon and the phone in the background send a sms to trigger that command with out me having to do it manually. Please let me know if its even possible FYI i have a G1 and a G2

Hi, I was going to work on something just like this. you said you have a small device already wired to the car so it is controlled via sms? what have you created? I think you have taken my thought to the next level with some of the additional features you have pointed out. I have some friends that can most likely help with app development. I am very interested in finding out what you have already in place and improving exponentially on that. look forward to your response

Upvote 0
Check out Locale, it basically does thing according to your location. it's the product of a MIT class project.

It has a plugin called Locale SMS-plugin which sends sms messages based on your location. Using GPS, WIFI and Network you could probably get a pretty accurate location. Obviously not completely optimal but a start.

-Exutable

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones