• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App to control phone from desktop?

I know of AirDroid. But it is only limited to the apps that are built into the interface. Whatsapp is not a built in app thus you cannot control it with AirDroid. Your regular messenger is part of the interface and you can text people from your phone but not Whatsapp. They dont even have Voice as part of their interface.

On the other hand the only way that I can think of to accomplish this is through WiFi Keyboard. You'll be typing at your computer/laptop and sending messages through your Whatsapp. It is a bit clunky but it works. I've been typing at my keyboard and even typing messages and emails and sending through my phone.

The other app that can do that is TextFree. They have a webclient that you can use to send text messages from your account to someone's phone. You can type at your keyboard or at your phone. Problem is that TextFree is not Whatsapp and so will not work. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Mehta23
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones