1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

App to Easily Turn On Turn Off Bluetooth?

Last Updated:

1. salb222

salb222 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I have a Sprint HTC Hero. Is there an Android app that easily and more directly turns on / turns off the phone's Bluetooth wireless connection? Right now I have three clicks to turn it on or off: Settings ==> Wireless Connections ==> Bluetooth (checkbox). I want to click an app that takes me right to the Bluetooth checkbox or something similar, or even easier. Any such animal?

Thanks! :eek:

Advertisement
  2. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

Try Quick Settings. It is free in the Market.

salb222 likes this.
  3. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Bluetooth OnOff by CurveFish. A 1x1 widget that you tap to turn on, tap to turn off. Very nice.

salb222 likes this.
  4. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

There are also widgets that can turn on/off bluetooth with a single click.

salb222 likes this.
  5. salb222

Hi, I found Quick Settings in the Android Market on my phone and downloaded it, but when I went searching for Curvefish, I found everything by Curvefish except the Bluetooth app (which I did find at the Curvefish webside on my PC). Any chance they took it off the And Market?

6. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

I just did a search on "bluetooth" and it was the first one listed. Maybe it doesn't work with your version of Android?

7. Brian1

Brian1 Member

May depend on the OS you have. Some will not display if it was not made for it. Brian

8. DevinB

DevinB Active Member

I like Bluetooth Toggle Widget by Rounded Labs, for no real reason other than their widget icons are better-looking than the rest.

[​IMG]

9. salb222

Actually, I found one already resident on my Sprint HTC Hero. Can't remember where I found it, but it's a single Bluetooth On/Off toggle button which I placed right on the home page. Thanks, everyone!!!! :)

10. KarKess

KarKess Well-Known Member

There is already toggles for bluetooth, wifi, and others built into the OS. Goto your add app button/HTC widget/Settings and you'll find them all there.

salb222 likes this.
  11. toddpedersen

toddpedersen Well-Known Member

I would love to go one step further, and have a program that automatically turns off Bluetooth when it is not connected to one of your paired devices after a particular timeframe. There are plenty of apps that you can set a profile to turn on this or that at particular times or location based, but I want a "no brainer' type app, specifically for Bluetooth.

I have an FM transmitter handsfree unit in my car that plays the audio over the car speakers for phone calls and music etc, and it turns itself off after 20 minutes of not being connected to my phone, and it turns on automatically when the car door opens. I believe the microphone senses the noise from the car door.

The unit is the Motospeak 2.0 and simply clips on my visor.

12. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

I'll bet Tasker could do this but it's not a "no brainer" app.

13. xdmanalo

xdmanalo Well-Known Member

+1

14. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

I use power manager pro, it has some settings on there that will help save some time on your battery and it has the options like what your looking for to disable/enable bluetooth, it also has one for gps and wifi as well. I have been using it for about a year and I love it.

15. RYUSOMA

RYUSOMA Guest

Battery Booster has added a shorcut to operating bluetooth in order to save battery.

16. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

I'm rather fond of EasySwitch, which lets you put up to 12 toggles (including a one-step GPS toggle) into a very small space. It was kind of ugly when I first bought it, but there are some decent skins now.