App to enable\disable wifi and mobile data

1. nkidd

nkidd New Member

I am looking for an app which will turn off wifi and turn on mobile data when i connect to a Bluetooth signal. I then want it to turn off mobile data and turn on wifi when i disconnect from the Bluetooth signal automatically. I have a Galaxy S4. Anyone know of a way or an app that will do that?

Advertisement
  2. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

I know Tasker can do it, and I'm pretty sure of the other automation apps (AutomateIt, Llama, etc) can do it too.
  3. gdiddy

gdiddy Well-Known Member

You want an app called "Quick Settings" by Halfbit
    That's what you're looking for.
    Completely awesome app!
  4. nkidd

nkidd New Member

I tried Quick Settings (actually the new version "Quicker") - seems like a good app to make it easy to manually change settings but didnt see any way to set up automation. Looked at Tasker for a few minutes - i'm sure that will do what i want but didnt have time to figure out how to configure it yet. I also tried Llama which i got configured easily and i thought it was going to work, but it just gives an odd error message when it should be turning on wifi so not sure what thats about yet. Anyway, thanks for your suggestions - i'll keep playing with these and i'm sure i'll get one of them to work as i need eventually. Unless anyone has any other suggestions for me to try.
  5. Ssith

Ssith Well-Known Member

i would second tasker.

since these are relatively common uses, i'm betting that some clever googling will result in exact instructions on how to set up a task to do them, allowing you to obtain the functionality without an extended learning process.

though i'd strongly suggest that you at least partially learn what tasker can do - once you have it, you can make it do... things...
  6. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Here's a Tasker profile that will do what you described:

Profile: Bluetooth - Wi-Fi Mobile Data (107)
    State: Bluetooth Connected [ Name:* Address:* ]
    Enter: Anon (244)
    A1: WiFi [ Set:Off ]
    A2: Mobile Data [ Set:On ]

Exit: Anon (245)
    A1: WiFi [ Set:On ]
    A2: Mobile Data [ Set:Off ]

You can enter this yourself, or import the attached profile.

Attached Files:

7. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

+1 for Tasker. It does have a steep learning curve, but once you "get it", it opens up a new universe :)
  8. powell

powell Well-Known Member

+1 for Tasker :)
  9. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

Tasker or llama.