• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

app to have display on notification for specific contacts only?

GreenMaui

Lurker
Jun 15, 2012
I have found apps that allow me to have custom SMS notification tones and apps that make the display turn on to notify of missed calls etc. (though for some reason these apps all seem to want to be allowed to read every bit of data on the phone which makes me nervous - is there one that is actually safe/allows you some privacy??), but I'm wondering if there's an app that will let you have the display turn on to alert only when you have missed calls from specific contacts??

I have a Samsung Proclaim (aka Illusion), which does not have an LED message notification, so I have to keep checking my phone manually whenever I step away from it to see if I've missed anything, which is annoying.

I'd love to be able to have the display come on only when I miss calls from specific people, since I don't necessarily have to call every single person back immediately, but some do need to get returned right away... Barring that, I'd love to know which of the apps that turn on the display to notify of missed calls is actually safe, as compared to the majority that require permission to access all info on the phone.

Thank you for any help you can offer!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones