App to home screen Moto XGeneral

1. 9026543

9026543 Member

Have downloaded Rings Digital Weather app. Can anyone help this dummy get the Rings to the home screen? I can get the little thumbnail on the screen but not the full size. Am a new Moto X dummy. Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

It's a widget, not an app. I copy/pasted from the description in Play, but it's the same procedure for all widgets:

STEPS HOW TO ADD A WIDGET
    ==========================
    1.On your Android home screen, tap any blank or “empty” area with size 4x2 and hold down your finger.
    2.An “Add to Home screen” window will pop up. From that window, tap “Widgets”.
    3.You’ll be presented with a list of all the installed Widgets on your Android device.
    4.Select the "Rings Digital Weather Clock” to add to your home screen by tapping it.
    ==========================

After it's on the homescreen you can tap it to get more information and get into settings etc.

Edit:
    Oh and. To remove the thumbnail, long press it and slide it up (I think, don't use the stock launcher) to the X or trashcan, then release. It's not going to delete it, just takes it off the screen.

You can also move things (widgets included) around the same way, just drop them where you want instead of the trash :)

Oh and and, welcome to the forums!
  3. 9026543

9026543 Member

When I tap and hold empty area on my Moto X screen I get a choose wallpaper window instead of the Add to Home Screen window.
  4. Clementine_3

OK, go into your app drawer (4 or 6 squares button) and slide over to 'widgets' (look on the top for the tab). Find the circle weather widget and long press it, that should bring up a sort of template looking screen, drop it where you want it. Then you can move it around by long pressing/drag/drop.

I haven't used the stock launcher on my X at all, ever, so...
  5. 9026543

9026543 Member

Thanks, didn't get the Rings but did get another one on the screen.
  6. Clementine_3

Is the rings not showing in the widgets list? Would it not load? Or you just went with a different one?
  7. 9026543

9026543 Member

I finally found the Rings widget and got it going. Thanks for your help. I still maintain it should be unlawful to sell a smart phone to a dumb old man.:)
  8. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

It's a strange icon in the widget section of app drawer. You REALLY have to look for it.

... Thom
  9. Clementine_3

Not the case at all. As with anything new there is a learning curve. There's a lot to these little gadgets but once you get the basics down it'll be much easier.

If you get stuck on something just ask, lots of knowledge to be found around here.