1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

App to launch Screen Lock while in call?

Last Updated:

1. jaylach

jaylach Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 26, 2010

I'm currently having a very annoying issue with my Motorola Droid. Anytime I get in a call and hold the phone to my ear with my should, I start hitting buttons like Mute, Add Call, End Call, etc. I've already been through 3 replacement devices, and all 3 have the issue.

I learned last night (after fighting with a tech at version for 2 hours) that the issue is really just a design flaw by Motorola. If you make an out going call, and then cover the light sensor with your hand (while the phone is vertical), all works great. If you keep the sensor covered and start laying the phone on it's back, eventually the screen will unlock. Doesn't happen every time, only about 80% of the time.

Needless to say, Verzion told me that because that's how Motorola designed it I'm stuck having to deal with it. So now I'm trying to find an app that can lock my screen while I'm in a call. I have bought Screen Suite but it really does way too much for me (plus, I hate the lock screen on it). I much prefer the default lock screen.

Does an app exist that can launch the stock lock screen while in a call? If not does anyone know if the SDK even provides the means to launch the lock screen? Because if so I may have to resort to writing my own app for it :/

Thanks a bunch!

2. lohpsch

lohpsch Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Don't know if there's an app to launch the default lockscreen while calling but there's a lockcreen app that does it.
    It's Screen Suite (free Trial @ the Market).
  3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010