• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App to make txt notifications more obvious [Samsung Galaxy Ace]

mimzyk

Lurker
Nov 5, 2011
Are there any app that make it more obvious when you have a txt for this particular phone? My girlfriend has found a few which make the 'LED' flash but they don't appear to work. As of now, she has to bring the screen on, then unlock it only to see a tiny icon in the corner. Isn't there something that rings up like '1 NEW MESSAGE' in a box whilst she's on the unlock screen?

Thanks for any help!

Try SMS Popup from author everythingandroid.net. You can download it for free from the Android Market. When you get an SMS, it pops it up on the screen even if it's off, much like iPhone does. Underneath the message there are three buttons: reply, delete, and close.

The only bug I have found is that closing the message does not remove the normal little envelope that you get in the top left corner, you have to enter the Messages screen and possibly open a message for it to go away. A minor annoyance for otherwise great functionality.

Upvote 0
I do not (yet) own this phone but I don't seem to understand... Normally with Samsung if you get a text, you hear a tune and/or vibration of the phone? And you normally should be able to use a "periodic notification" system. With my old Samsung this means that every 2 minutes my phone vibrates if i have an unread message...

I suppose and actually hope this is still able with the modern Galaxy-brand? Is very useful to me :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones