App to manage travel expenses in a group

1. marbot

marbot New Member

Hi there!

Ever done a trip with a group of friends, anyone paying for all people now and again, and ending not knowing who owes whom? I had that problem many times, writing everything down, forgetting half of it, and - especially if there're foreign currencies involved - ending up in a big mess of calculations.

Of course, I immediately went to the Market to find an app able to ease the pain, but I couldn't find one fulfilling my requirements. I found some "I owe you" or "share expenses" kind of apps, but nothing easy to use and - most important - supporting multiple currencies.

So, being a software engineer, I decided to develop an app myself. The goal was to have something easy to use, with as less clicks as possible to enter whatever complicated payment has been done by a member of the group. I wanted it so support multiple currencies (with online exchange rates update), different events and descent statistics. ...I've got some more ideas yet to come, but I need time to write code! :)

It's called "Travel Money" and I've already tested it with great results on many trips - it's cool to know how you stand financially while traveling, even when sometimes you look at the app and say "Damn! Guys, we need to cut the booze!" :)

Please feel free to have a look:

Travel Money at the Android Market

If you have any comments or ideas on how to improve it, I'll be happy to hear them!

cheers
    marbot

Advertisement
    :