• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

app to organize music folder?

hi I download a lot of music on my sony xperia and don't have a laptop, so my music is in a mess, all in one folder with the wrong tags. I recently found droidid3tagger which works very well to automatically update the track's tags and file names. the only thing it doesn't do is arrange the files into folders like windows media player or iTunes does, arranging the music in your 'my music' folder into folders by artist/ album. does anyone know of an app that can do this for the android music folder? or doesn't it exist yet? thanks for any info.

the only thing it doesn't do is arrange the files into folders like windows media player or iTunes does, arranging the music in your 'my music' folder into folders by artist/ album. does anyone know of an app that can do this for the android music folder?
Windows Media Player doesn't rearrange your music files into folders. (I wish it did.) It just creates a database from your ID3 tags and presents you with organized views, that appear to put your music into folders. Most Android music player apps (like WinAmp or Google Play Music) will similarly present you with organized views of your music by artist, album, playlist, genre, etc. There is also a free app called "Playlist maker" which lets you easily create playlists based on certain criteria, like artist name, genre, folder, keyword, etc.

Upvote 0
Hi thanks for the reply but it is actually possible to get windows media player to reorganize your my music folder. You go to options and tick "Rename music files using rip music settings" and "Rearrange music in rip music folder, using rip music settings," :) it organizes the files into folders under artist then album, it's great. That why I was wondering if you can get something simular for android...seeing as I don't have a computer anymore.

Reactions: RazzMaTazz
Upvote 0
Wow! I didn't know that. That's awesome. Thanks! I'm a little scared to try it.

So it works well? No issues?

Most of my music collection was ripped with WMP so most of it is already organized in WMP's standard folder structure. But I have one "Miscellaneous" folder full of various songs that I downloaded. If I check that box on WMP, will those songs get deleted from the "Miscellaneous" folder after WMP sorts them into appropriate folders?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones