• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App to send Music\Large files

trench

Jan 26, 2009
I'm wondering if there is a way to send MP3's and Zip files to other computers and other G1's. I can't seem to send anything other than pictures with Gmail on my phone. And it doesn't look like AIM has file transfers on this phone yet. Any ideas?

thanks

Discover is very simple to set up and it's not just G1 to G1. It uses wifi and I use it to transfer files from my pc to my G1 on my home wifi connection. When you start up Discover on your handset it actually tells you what local URL you need to type into your browser, this then allows you to see the file system on your G1 and transfer files etc

Very very simple application that does the job well. Hopefully in the future they will allow you to view what is on the pc from the G1

Upvote 0
www.swapitencryptit.com is the fastest and cheapest way to transfer files over the internet! It works for my computer and cell phone, so that makes it really great! Plus I can send files up to 25 MB is size for free and with out signing up for anything, and I think it works for almost all mobile devices (Flash phones, iPhone, BlackBerry). I even send pics I take with my phone to my home computer, so I don't have to pay anymore to send them via mms!

Check it out and let me know if it helps you get those files sent.

:eek:

Upvote 0
You can do that very conveniently with free DropBox. Just drop the file into your DropBox, copy its 'Public Link', and send that 'public Link' to your recipient (or post it in a forum so that members can download it; like this Android 2.2 UsersGuide (13,3MB).

Or you can do it through a web browser with any of the following 16 Large File Transfer Services:

I vote for Dropbox... works awesome and is easy as drag & drop in windows explorer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones