app to send sms as an via e-mail?

1. killJoy

killJoy Member

hi, let me clarify the question..

i was wondering if there is an app that you can send a text to your phone as an e-mail and then send that e-mail as a text message to someone? or atleast is there an app you can cut and paste..?

thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Are you looking to send text messages without being charged, or are you trying to use your computer to send text messages?
  3. killJoy

killJoy Member

hey, well i want to be able to compose the text msg on my computer, send it to my phone via the internet and then send it as a text msg : ]
  4. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Not exactly what you're asking for, but... have you considered using Google Voice to send the text message directly from your computer, without involving your phone at all? To the recipient it would appear to be coming from a different number (your Google Voice number) though.
    thebat1 likes this.
  5. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

You can do this right from your email.
    Compose your message, then send to your number @Vtext.com Example:
    5551234567@vtext.com.
    You'll receive it as a text message then you can forward it.

Example above is for Verizon. If you have a different carrier you can still do it, just find out what their @address is.
    thebat1 likes this.
  6. killJoy

killJoy Member

like the idea but its not free in Australia as far as i know..
  7. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Skip all the in between crap and get set up on RemoteSMS. It allows you to type out text messages on a computer which is then sent over the phone.
  8. thebat1

thebat1 Member

Where do you get this and is it free??
  9. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

There is a free and paid version; obviously the paid version has more features.
    thebat1 likes this.