• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App to share WiFi (Hotspot but using WiFi as source)?

Nathsem

Lurker
Jul 13, 2015
Hi,
My school has a WiFi network that only I have the password to, so is it possible to create a hotspot on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S3), but use the WiFi connection to the school's network as a source?
I only have 250mb of data a month, so I would like to allow people without the school network password to be able to connect.
Thanks

Hi,
My school has a WiFi network that only I have the password to, so is it possible to create a hotspot on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S3), but use the WiFi connection to the school's network as a source?
I only have 250mb of data a month, so I would like to allow people without the school network password to be able to connect.
Thanks
Umm.. I may be wrong, but I think that may be impossible due to the fact that the WiFi reciever is already ON & working in reverse to create the hotspot. I DO know However, that you can draw from the School WiFi and USB tether a PC or such.. Kinda like making ur phone into a regular modem. I use PDA+ net.apk and EasyTether Pro.apk from the playstore, and I can USB Tether to Anything I want. I use WiFi Tether.apk from TrevEmod for hotspots

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones