App to turn phone on and off

Last Updated:

1. nothingface

nothingface Member

Is there a way or a app that allows u to set a time for your phone to turn completley off and back on at a certain time. i could do this on my blackberry and would set it to turn off at night then back on in the morning. thx

Advertisement
  2. Chief7

Chief7 Well-Known Member

Another one of those 'my Blackberry could' things - I miss it, too! :cool:
  3. joehp1

joehp1 Member

There is an app called Battery Booster Lite. It puts the phone into airplane mode when you set it to at night and turns it back on again when you specify. It is free, but I think there is also a paid version. Free version works for me! I have been using it for 3 months - saves battery life!
  4. nothingface

nothingface Member

what is different in airplane mode? does it just turn off getting and sending transmissions.
  5. joehp1

joehp1 Member

Turns off the phone, bluetooth, wifi, SMS, etc.
  6. fmxbrando

fmxbrando New Member

they should call it AT&T mode.. but yeah Battery Booster and Airplane AutoSwitch both work for airplane mode scheduling
  7. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Simply long pressing the power button is not easy enough?

lolz...

:cool:
  8. Visionikz03

Visionikz03 Well-Known Member

I wish there was a way to just turn the phone off and leave the data connection like WinMo. I was at a party for new years and was streaming music from pandora thru the person's home theater system from the headset jack of my Hero. It sounded sweet until my text notifications came thru and then the phone rang lol!!!!
  9. pingcharlie

pingcharlie Active Member

Search in the Market under 'Profile'. I think there's at least one app called 'Profile Mgr' that worked pretty well for me. You can program by day/time, etc. Pretty swell.
  10. nothingface

nothingface Member

cool thx guys
  11. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

It actually makes little sense to me why that happens. If you are playing music through the devices speaker and a call or text comes through both the ringtone and the music play....via the headset jack music cuts out.
  12. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Use audio manager app and you can adjust the volume settings so Music is the only thing you hear.