• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [APP] universalandroot (1-Click Root)

I'm guessing somehow the su in bin gets removed or disabled and the xbin su survives. OTOH, what works for the leaked version might not work for the OTA update. We'll find that out soon.

IF you have root, you could delete the bin su with Root Explorer. Just change the bin folder to R/W before deleting su and change it back when done.

Upvote 0
I did (Power off and then on again). No change.
I must say that when I tried to unroot again, universalandroot said I was already unrooted, but the superuser app and access to system files were still there.

Same here, anyone else having that problem?

Edit: I re-rooted, with the option of not installing superuser program, and then unrooted and the superuser.apk was gone. I am still able to access root files via astro manager, but it doesn't appear that I can install root apps.

I unrooted because I have to take my phone back to Verizon.

Upvote 0
Will it works on my Samsung Galaxy Spica? it has android 2.1 . Is Androot have a possibility to fail and brick the phone?

Welcome to AndroidForums, SnakeKoolz!

Yes, binary visions is right, you might get more help here:

Spica - All Things Root - Android Forums

Cheers and again, welcome!

Since this is the Droid X forum, you won't find a lot of Samsung owners in here. You may want to post a thread in the appropriate Samsung forum.

Thanks, bv, appreciate your heads-up to SnakeKoolz :).

Upvote 0
I love my HTC Inspire! It's waaaay better than the iPhone 4G that I sold on ebay. YEAH!!! If you "REALLY" want to learn to "root" read, read, read because you may cause damage to your phones if you do not know what you are doing. Those "YouTube" videos to me are "Whacked", they always seem to be showing off their cellulars new ROM, or if they are showing you how to "root" they always seem to leave out that "ONE" important note *LOL*:D I love these sites!!!

Upvote 0
I love my HTC Inspire! It's waaaay better than the iPhone 4G that I sold on ebay. YEAH!!! If you "REALLY" want to learn to "root" read, read, read because you may cause damage to your phones if you do not know what you are doing. Those "YouTube" videos to me are "Whacked", they always seem to be showing off their cellulars new ROM, or if they are showing you how to "root" they always seem to leave out that "ONE" important note *LOL*:D I love these sites!!!

There's no such thing as an iPhone 4G; it's an iPhone 4 that works on 3G, not 4G.

Anyway, nice to see you're on Android now :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones