App Updates

Last Updated:

1. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just had 3 app updates and can only remember what 2 of them were. I already cleared out the notifications. Is there any way to find out what that 3rd one was?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Open Market and go to Downloads

3. Dubbin1

They were already updated... I just forget what ones they were.

4. johnlgalt

They will be the first ones listed.

5. Dubbin1

Nope they are not the first ones listed.

6. johnlgalt

On my phone every time I have updated the apps it shows the apps in the order that they were last updated. Since day one of having the phone.

The last three apps I updated just a few minutes ago are Retro Radio Streamer, Fast Web installer and Parkdroid - and those are the top three on my list.

I now have SDMove showing as needing an update. I update and ...

it is now at the top of the list.

Also, you can sync your apps to AppBrain using the AppBrain app - and it has sorting allowed to show you the list in different order, and one sort selection is also "last update".

but it is odd that your market download section is not listing the apps in last updated manner in the first place....

7. Dubbin1

Heck one of the apps that was updated isn't even listed in the downloads... The first one showing was updated but I know for sure the next 2 wasn't one of the 3 apps.

8. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I too can verify that each time I update an app (or even install a new one) it is moved to the top of my list.

The one thing I don't like about the new market is that each time I uninstall a free app, it stays at the top of my list (above all of the apps that have updates waiting).

Kratos

9. johnlgalt

It eventually resets itself - once you no longer have the app.

Also, are you uninstalling through market or through the phone's menu system?

10. kratos

I Installed the Verizon Wireless NFL app about two days ago and then uninstalled it about two hours after installing it. It is still at the top of my Downloads list as "free" and not "installed".

Thursday evening I installed the Quadrant app and ran it. I then uninstalled it about 20 minutes later after I got my results. That app is still listed as "free" and not "installed".

I believe that I uninstalled the Verizon app through the market and the Quadrant app through LauncherPro's uninstall function.

It's not really that big of a deal because the new market has the update all feature now, but it is a little annoying. And I've never had them stay at the top of the list for this long before. Usually, they are just there for an hour or two.

[thinking out loud]
    As I'm writing this, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the web-based updates that they are supposedly working on? I kind of figured that the market downtime last night was probably due to this also.
    [/thinking out loud]

Kratos

11. Dubbin1

Well this went off topic rather quickly.

12. kratos

Yea, sorry about taking it off topic as far as finding the apps you recently updated is concerned.

You may try using AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market and sync your apps with their servers. I have found that appbrain tends to list apps that are in the market, but don't show up for my Droid. One example is Plasma Live Wallpaper. It shows up in appbrain as compatible with my phone, but won't show up in the market when I search for it.

P.S. The appbrain app shows you when you installed an app or update.

You may be able to determine what apps you updated that way.

The only other thing that I can think of to try to help you is to use the app manager in Astro to list all of your installed apps. It will then show the date and time that the app was installed (updates are basically installing the full app over the old one). That may be your best bet.

Kratos

13. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Something odd is going on with updated apps! I updated one yesterday (clearcheckbook) and it does not show in my downloaded apps in the market. Normally it would be at the top but it's not listed at all, anywhere. It does show on appbrain and is in astro BUT astro does not back it up. The updated version is definitely on my phone and launches...it just doesn't show in the market/downloads and can't be backed up. Something is amiss!